Sunday, May 27, 2012

Moria Revamp is fantasticles!

With Kalithir on his way, I dreaded entering the orc feces cesspit that is Moria AGAIN (umm, 6th time I think).
With Update 7, the fine folks at Turbine HQ (aka Mordor), Moria got itself a revamp. The useless, unimportant, non-contributing nay-sayers who think their well informed rants (read tantrums of a 15 yr old virgin)   heralded this as a dumbing down of content and the end of Lotro as we know it. (hell the no rep needed for Lothlorien got 11 friggen pages ffs. I mean, it's really that important RIGHT). Fuck the lag, bugs. FIX THIS FIRST! But I digress.

You probably have noticed how different the quests chains/progression has changed since Galtav onwards. Rather than a quest hub (town or camp) and it's go out, return, rinse/repeat, it's been more this NPC gives 3 quests, you do em, return and NPC will give one more quest off to another NPC who then...

With Moria they've basically done that again, making progression/exploration through Moria much more logical, streamline and less frustrating, even adding new quests. Before, if you were leveling to get to 65, 75 w/e it was common (even my mate said this the other night) to get to 55 and GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE. The Loth, rep repeatables were better/quicker experience than running around like a deaf bat in Moria. Now...I'm not so sure.

In any case, it's more fun and I think that's what playing a game is about.

p.s. I love my burgs look in that pic /blowownhorn

No comments:

Post a Comment