Sunday, November 3, 2013

Another Rant?

It's been awhile, to be honest I've still be posting but failed to say where...me = dumbass. Been posting on my blog that I dedicated to Swtor and those corresponding characters. It's more Rpish and with trials (as set up by the guild I'm in over there) http://dianjiejediknight.blogspot.tw/.

Anyway, been playing swtor a lot and the group finder thingy they've got is pretty good. Like any pug's you meet all sorts. Mostly ok, some awesome and on a rare occasion, terrible...which is what is prompting me for this hate fulled rant post...again, haha. (Better out than in right..., Right?

Anywho, if you've played any MMO with a grouping dynamic you'd know the basic fundamental structure.

Tank / Heal / Dps.

I've played all, and I have my own take on each of their roles in a group, disagree all you want, I don't care :p. If you're point has merit, ok, cudos.

I always thought a good tank, a good healer are harder to find. They take a bit more 'study' to do right. Understanding the fight mechanics is very important as a tank. Not overhealing too quickly as a healer and getting aggro (and what to do when getting aggro), but what is really getting me is the destruction I've what I thought to be the hardest class to fuck up. Dps.

Tanking and Healing can be easy to fuck up. But I never thought Dpsing could get seriously fucked up, I mean that's why so many people play dps characters right? Because they're one dimensional moronic mmo gamers. Right? (sorry, stereotyping and just having a go).

Well, today I was thoroughly proven wrong. You can fuck up dpsing (and it's not doing shitty dps...nobody really notices that tbh).

Not killing adds. Not taking down the weakest mobs first. Running off aggroing mobs (without the current pull being dealt with), and then taking aggro during the phase of pulling boss into the right position before getting stuck in. My God.

The last point might have a valid excuse, they don't know the fight, but that is utter rubbish in this case.

Shitty dpsers. who knew they were out there. Unfortunately I now do. The good thing about Swtor is that when you ignore a character you'll never be matched randomly into the same group ever again or see what they right. Almost a perfect system. To make it perfect, make it so you can ignore and entire guild.

No comments:

Post a Comment