Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Hitting the cap....again

Well, with this expansion I've gone with a burg as my main. After the captain, the intricacies of burg play was more appealing than the keyboard facerolling of the other 'dps' classes, i.e. huntards and chumpions.

So what do I think of this expansion...well, I must be turning into a grumpy old man or it's approaching Christmas (which accounts for my foul mood), as I think this expansion is boring. There. Said it. I found Mirkwood more intriguing.

Mounted combat is like dogfighting in Iron Eagle (and I've got Queen's 'one vision' blaring in the background) which is cool for about....10min. Skills are few and it's a whole new learning curve. It looks neat when theres a ton of people about and the lag is great too.

Open world tapping. Neat. One problem, nobody groups anymore. I haven't been in a fellowship for 10 levels! (ok, that's a lie, did raid OT >.>)

Horse cosmetics (the only really fun thing I see doing so far in this expansion) all cost TP, and they're character, not account wide purchases. FUCK THAT. Tourettes. Yeah it's fluff, but when you see a nice warsteed trot past...

I'm also impressed at how quickly we got from Fangorn to Edoras. We arrived after Aragorn. Yet beat them to Edoras since Grima was there (why the hell did we not kill him? I know I had my weapons still on me, and I've got pics to prove it).

Anyway, waiting on the instance pack to come out but so far, not overly impressed to be honest, the 'normal' quest line starting point vs. Epic quest line starts and leads off in 2 directions. Blah, this is turning to a boring wall of text. Till next time...bottoms up. *hic*

No comments:

Post a Comment